How to make a silicone beads dummy clip
How to make a silicone beads dummy clip
Welcome to our Dummy Clip DIY step by step guide! This guide will help you create beautiful, durable, and safe dummy clips!
Dummy Clip x 1 - We keep a wide variety of styles and colours in our clips, you can shop here to browse through all of the options available to you!
approximately 10 x 15mm round silicone beads – We have over 86+ colours in our 15mm round silicone beads. We also have numerous sizes, shapes and types of bead, to many to mention here. Please shop here to view them all!
-Cord. We have a wide variety of colours for our satin nylon cords and we also keep the ever so popular cotton wax cord.
-Measuring tape or ruler. Have look at our bead boards. Shop here.
-A paper clip. Take a paper clip, smooth it out, and then fold it in half.
- Take the satin nylon or cotton wax cord and measure about 60cm of cord. It is important to note that the length will vary depending on how many beads, the type of bead as well as the size of bead you use. For 10 x 15mm beads, 56cm is a great length!
- The next step is to join the two ends of your cord together. This is done by melting, with your lighter, both ends of the cord and then firmly press them together. When the ends starts melting, Immediately push both ends of the cord into each other. You have to do this as quickly as possible. Remember the cord just melted and is extremely hot. Always be careful not to burn your fingers!
- Take out the lighter again and lightly run the flame over the joined area, smoothing and rubbing the joint until you feel confident that it is a well joined cord. It is very important that you now leave it to cool down now and give it time to set and harden properly. The satin nylon cord will become almost like hard plastic once its melted and joined properly.
- Test the strength of the cord, and then test again! This step is most important! After you allowed the cord to set and harden, you have to test the strength of the cord by giving it a really good pull. When you are absolutely confident and satisfied with the strength of the cord, you can move on to step number 5.
- Take the clip and the joined cord, and loop the cord through the clip, making sure that the joined area is placed closer to the clip because you will want your chosen beads to cover the joined area.
- Next, to be extra cautious and safe, take the cord and make a knot right up against the clip – this will ensure that your beads are secured and safe.
- Now it’s time to use your paper clip. You will use the disassembled paper clip like a threading needle. Loop your cord through the paperclip, and start threading your beads in the order you’ve designed your soon to be completed silicone dummy clip!
- There will be some excess cord left at the end after all your beads have been thread. Create a knot tightly up against the last bead and make sure to pull it super tight.
- Check one last time that your cord and clip is securely and strongly put together. That's it! Your silicone bead dummy clip is now complete and ready to have a teether or dummy attached!
All the products needed to make awesome silicone bead dummy clips can be purchase on our online store. We are the fastest growing supplier of silicone beads and DIY teething supplies in South Africa, and possibly also carry the largest variety, for your endless DIY projects!
Please make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to stay up to date on all the newest, highest quality and cutest beads and supplies in South Africa!
*All the products and supplies sold by BabyBeads SA (PTY) LTD are intended for use by adults and should never be left unattended with a child. Cords, clasps and pacifier clips are not intended to be chewed on and may present choking hazards.
**Remember that small objects and beads can present choking hazards to young children. Never leave a child unattended with beads or other products. Always make sure that your product is in good condition. Any item should be discarded when damaged in any way or form. Always inspect your product before use.
***Once our products have been sold and shipped to our customers, BabyBeads SA (PTY) LTD., waives all responsibility and liability from the use of our products. It is our customers responsibility to make sure that their final product made from our supplies meet the appropriate safety requirements for their region. Our customers/buyers understand that by purchasing our products or using suggestions from the above DIY step by step guide, the buyer assumes any and all responsibility and liability for the use of the products.